One of the biggest challenges of running a restaurant is, well, running a restaurant. If you have just recently opened, it is important that you spend as much time working in your restaurant, more than your employees. Devotion and commitment is important and by doing so, you would have to sacrifice a few moments away from your family. However, this isn’t the only challenge that most restaurants face. Another challenge is with getting customers. Some restaurants go bankrupt because they can’t get enough customers to sustain their business, even if they serve the best tasting meals.
You may serve the best dishes or you may be the best restaurant for Indian cuisine in Western Australia, but if you can’t get enough customers, your restaurant is doomed to ruin. But don’t lose hope yet. There are still a number of ways you can try to get customers coming and returning to your restaurant.
- Play Live Music. Remember, it is all about effective marketing but you should take advantage of the fact that there are numerous musicians out there who are looking for places to stay and that people love listening to fine music, this may be one of the best ways to get customers. Just make sure to announce musical events happening in your restaurants.
- Pair Food with Wine. You can do this at least one night a month for dinner. People love eating and wine. Combine them and you’ll have very satisfied customers. If this proves successful, you’ll only need word of mouth to spread the news.
- Build Friendships with Patrons. People appreciate quality service that is why they flock to the places that provide great service. However, they would also prefer the restaurant that knows who they are and what they want.
- Host Fundraisers. If you know people who are looking for a place for their fundraising activity, then you should definitely not pass this opportunity up. Remember, there will be a number of people attending this type of events and the exposure itself is reward enough.
- Offer Discounts on Next Meals. Yes, this may be a little too much for your business to take but what if you tone down the selection to regular customers? Provide them with VIP discounts and they are sure to come back.