Dental implants are metal screws that are used to replace the roots of your teeth. They are used to replace broken or missing teeth for aesthetic and functional purposes. Dental implants are modern alternative to dentures and bridges.
Dental implants are safer than dentures and bridges. They are made of titanium which fuses with the jaw bone providing a solid base for the artificial tooth. Dentists suggest using dental implants in Reading under the following conditions.
- There are missing or broken teeth that need to be replaced with artificial teeth.
- You have a fully developed jaw bone that can support the implants.
- You do not suffer from any health conditions that hamper the process of bone healing.
- You have healthy oral tissues.
- You do not want to opt for dentures or bridges or the condition of your teeth does not support dentures or bridgework.
- You do not smoke tobacco.
- You are aware of the fact that bone healing can take several months.
Dental implants are fixed inside the jaw bone through a surgery. As is the case with other surgeries, dental implants surgery too has some health risks. Some risks of dental implant surgery are
- Some patients may suffer from infection at the site of dental implants.
- The surgery may damage the roots of the surrounding teeth.
- There is a risk of nerve damage during the surgery, which can cause tingling and numbness in other healthy teeth.
- Dental implant surgery can cause sinus problems, if the implants are not properly placed and protrude into the sinus cavities.
The process of installing dental implants is lengthy and time taking. Your condition is evaluated by a team of specialists comprising of maxillofacial surgeon, periodontist, prosthodontist and ENT specialist. The process of preparation for dental implants in Reading involves
- Exhaustive dental examination that comprises of dental x-rays and 3D imaging.
- Comprehensive review of your medical records to know about any heart diseases and other implants.
- Formulation of a customized treatment plan depending on the number of dental implants required.
Dental implants are screw like structures made of Titanium. They are fixed in the jaw bone to offer support to the artificial tooth. Dental implants are suggested when there are one or more missing teeth that cannot be replaced by dentures or bridgework. The process of installing dental implants in Reading takes a couple of months. It is advisable to consult a reputed dental clinic in Reading, for getting dental implants.