Seasoned travellers know that the most desirable holiday this year is South America tours because there are a lot to see with a land area that covers 18 million square kilometres. A week will not be enough to cover everything thus a package tour and a good itinerary is necessary. Here are the places worth visiting when in South America.
- Machu Picchu’s Inca trail located in Peru. The trail spans 27 miles and it is surrounded of about 40,000 trails. The trails were a gift from the Incas who created them to connect their entire kingdom. The trek alone will take four days passing the Sacred Valley with an altitude as high as 13,828 feet. The best part is when tourists reach the town of Machu Picchu.
- Ecuador’s Galapagos Islands is composed of a number of volcanic islands which is situated in the centre of the Pacific Ocean. Every island features different landscapes that are Instagram worthy.
- Chile’s Torres del Paine located in Patagonia. This is a dream trekking destination for many because it is one of the World Heritage Site according to UNESCO. It was also nominated as one of the Eight Wonders of the World. The most common trek in the area is the W Circuit. The best view is at the foot of the Paine towers with a volcanic lake across it.
- When it comes to food, Peru is considered as the food paradise of South America. There are influences from different cultures including Europe, Latin America, Afro-Caribbean, Japan and China. When in Peru, tourists should try the tacu-tacu, grilled alpaca meat, chaufa, ceviche and pisco sour cocktails.
- Argentina’s Perito Moreno Glacier is the best glacier to go on hiking. In fact, not many have hiked on a glacier before. This should be done as soon as you are done in Patagonia. The glacier is 22 miles in length and 590 feet in depth.
- Lastly, when checking South America tours, ask if they have itinerary going to Iguazu Falls which was included as Seven Natural Wonders of the World back in 2011. It is located in the border of Brazil and Argentina.